Tuesday, November 25, 2008

One Month Til Christmas...

So today begins the one month countdown to the 2nd most hypocritial holiday of the year. The first being Valentine's Day.

Everytime around this year everyone and every radio station begins playing Christmas music. Most of the songs have nothing to do with the birth of Christ anyways. I'm not a fan of Christmas or the music anymore. This is the time of year when everyone pretends they have been good so the imaginary fat man will come down the chimney; steal all your cookies; and leave you presents. Most of the time after you get to old to believe in this crap it's stuff you didn't really want.

Everyone reverts back to the faith they once practiced just becausse it makes them feel like they still believe. Not me. I don't believe in religion nor do I fake it just to please others. Christmas is a time where families get together to see each other once a year. You shouldn't have to have a "holiday" to make an appearance at your parents house. I know people get too busy with thier lives. But honestly if your too busy the rest of the year, why make an effort on Christmas or Thanksgiving.

Thanksgiving is a mere 3 days away and my views on it are the same. It's an excuse to pretend like you like your family. Everyone knows someones going to get in a fight and ruin it for everyone. Why even bother making the trip.

I'm 2000 miles away from my family but I'm not going back for the holidays. That's my choice. I have better things to do with my money. Like car payments and saving for an apartment in Florida.

It's a waste of money to go home for 3 days just to say I made the trip back home for a holiday I want nothing to do with.

I will be taking Christmas off this year however so I can meet Ayrton's family and get to know my soon to be in-laws. They only live an hour and a half away so it won't be too terrible.

Anyways I'm done with my ranting && I can't wait to fishy sit for Bouy!! Have a wonderful day.

You stay classy San Diego.

No comments: